Saturday 11 September 2010

And what now?

My whole life has been about the next move. I always made myself look forward. There was always something at the end of the road waiting for me to go get it. Sometimes my endgame was long term, and along the journey the objective deviated from the original. But I always got there. I always had a road to follow. I always had a plan.
  
I’d never felt at a crossroads before. I content myself by thinking that this not all bad, that it’s not a dead end, that I have options. Or maybe the sheer number of possibilities is part of the problem. But having multiple opportunities has never boggled me before.


There’s so much I don’t know right now. What is my true calling? Where do I see myself in five years’ time? What is it that I want out of life? I don’t have answers for these questions. But I do know that I will never have them if I don’t have new experiences, if I don’t dare act upon my whims and make mistakes along the way. There’s much I don’t know except for this: ACT. DO. LIVE.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment